General English Book Free PDF Download
General English is an essential part of many exams, such as competitive exams, entrance exams, and other tests. The General English Book PDF can be an important resource for those preparing for such exams. Here are some reasons why:
Helps improve language skills: The General English Book PDF can help improve your language skills, including grammar, vocabulary, and comprehension. These skills are important for scoring well in exams that test your language proficiency.
Provides practice material: The book can provide you with ample practice material, including exercises, practice tests, and sample questions. This can help you gain confidence in your abilities and improve your performance in the actual exam.
Saves time and effort: Since the General English Book PDF can be accessed easily and quickly, you can save time and effort in searching for study materials. This can help you optimize your study time and focus on other areas that need attention.
Offers flexibility: You can access the General English Book PDF anytime and anywhere, making it a flexible resource for your exam preparation. This can be especially helpful if you have a busy schedule or are unable to attend physical classes.
In conclusion, the General English Book PDF can be a valuable resource for those preparing for exams that include a language proficiency component. It can help you improve your language skills, provide practice material, save time and effort, and offer flexibility in your study routine.
Topics Included in the PDF
- singular, plural, and non counts noun
- Adjectives and Pronouns. Comparatives and Superlatives
- Adverbs of Manner
- Zero Conditional.
- Basic Coordinating Conjunctions. …
- Modals. Modals of Ability: Can, Could, Be able to, May, Might. …
- Parts of Speech
- General Vocabulary
- Assertive and Interrogative sentences
English Grammar Related Post
- English Grammar Notes Free PDF Download
- English Grammar handwritten notes pdf for IBPS PO prelims
- SSC CGL English Grammar handwritten notes pdf 2023
- English Grammar Notes PDF For Competitive Exams
- English Grammar Notes PDF Free Download
- Error detection – English Grammar
- Basic English grammar All Tenses in Hindi PDF Free Download
- Basic English Grammar Book PDF Download
- English Grammar Complete Book With Tricks And Solutions
- Best English Grammar book Pdf download
- SSC English Grammar Book pdf Free Download
- English Grammar tense Short Notes pdf In Hindi
- English Grammar tense Notes pdf In Hindi
- English Grammar And Spoken Book PDF Download
- English Grammar Book PDF For All Competitive Exams
- English Grammar PDF For Competitive Exam
Following is a detailed discussion about the topics that are included in the given PDF:-
Parts of Speech:-
- Noun-Nouns are an individual, place, or thing (or even an abstraction, like an idea). They can take on myriad roles in a sentence, by the subject of everything to the object of the activity or some other (literal) thing in between. For example:- pirate, Caribbean, boat, freedom, Captain Jack Sparrow, etc.
- Pronoun-Pronouns stand in for nouns in a sentence. Examples: you, I, he, she, it, ours, them, who, which, anyone, ourselves etc.
- Verb-Verbs are exactly what happens within a sentence. They are either action words or show the state of being (is, was) of this subject of the sentence. They alter form based on tense (present, past) and the subject of the sentence (singular or plural). Examples: sing, dancing, believe, seem, finish, eat, drink, make, become etc.
- Adjective- They specify that one, how much, or what kind. Examples: sexy, lazy, funny, quirky, bright, beautiful, poor, sleek etc.
- Adverb-They specify when something happened, where, how, why, and how much. Examples: softly, lazily, frequently, only, hopefully, softly etc.
- Preposition-Prepositions show a relationship between a noun (or a pronoun) along with the other words in a sentence. They come at the onset of a prepositional phrase. For example: upward, over, against, by, for, into, near out of, Aside from etc
- Conjunction-Conjunctions combine words, phrases, and clauses in a sentence.
- Articles and Determiners-Articles and determiners function like adjectives by modifying nouns, but they’re distinct than adjectives, in that they’re required for a sentence to have appropriate syntax. Examples: posts: a, an, the; determiners: those, that, those; enough, much, few; which, what etc.
- Interjection-Interjections are expressions that may stand alone on their own as whole sentences.They’re words which often carry emotion.
More Related PDF
Identify the noun in the following sentences:
1. I live in Amsterdam.
2. I visited the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
3. Eiffel Tower and Paris
4. Eiffel Tower
Answer: Eiffel Tower and Paris
3. Bhutan is a beautiful country.
4. Summer is very hot.
5. The moon looks so beautiful.
6. The doctor is an expert in his field.
7. The mailman Mr. Joe was carrying postcards.
4. Mailman, Mr. Joe and postcards
Answer: Mailman, Mr. Joe and postcards
8. Are these mangoes tasty?
9. Hello Sophie! Will you play football with us as the climate is beautiful and the team is one player short?
2. Sophie, football, climate, team, player
Answer: Sophie, football, climate, team, player
10. Mike’s birthday party at the Sheraton was a success.
3. Mike, party, Sheraton
Answer: Mike, party, Sheraton
Questions On Pronoun
A pronoun is a word used in the place of a noun in any sentence. These are used to avoid the repetitive usage of a noun in a sentence.
Example: Roger runs very fast. And Roger has won several competitions.
Roger runs very fast. And he has won several competitions.
Identify the pronoun in the following sentences:
11. They were having dinner.
12. I want to sleep.
13. Is that my laptop?
14. Everyone is sleeping in the dorm room.
15. We were playing scrabble.
16. Look at Ellen, she is a beautiful artist.
17. He is good at cricket.
18. This house is mine.
19. Would you like to have coffee?
20. Did you hear that?
Questions On Verb
The verb describes an action, occurrence or happening of an act.
Example: Adam is singing.
Here, singing is the verb, which denotes an act of doing something.
Identify the verb in the following sentences:
21. The monkey sat by the door.
22. Jack left in a hurry.
23. Michelle hurt her elbow while playing.
4. Hurt, playing
Answer: Hurt, playing
24. Please open the door.
25. She bought a new car and started taking her driving lessons.
4. Bought, started, taking
Answer: Bought, started, taking
26. Joe accepted the job offer.
27. Kelly enjoys hip-hop music.
28. We went to the grocery store and bought so many items that carrying them home became difficult.
4. All three
Answer: All three
29. The accountant is calculating the expenditure for the month of February.
30. Johnson earns a lot of money but he spends it too.
3. Earns and spends
General English PDF
The above PDF is only provided to you by MyNotesAdda.com we are not the makers of the PDF, if you like the PDF or if you have any kind of doubt, suggestion or query regarding the same, feel free to contact us at our Mail id- firstname.lastname@example.org or you can chat with us in the comment section given below.
You can also stay updated by joining us on:
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/mynotesadda/
TAGS:- General english pdf for competitive exams, General english pdf in hindi, Lucent english grammar book for competitive exam pdf, Objective general english arihant pdf download, General english book for upsc pdf, General english grammar book pdf, Lucent english grammar solution, English grammar for competitive exams free ebooks