English Grammar tense Short Notes pdf In Hindi
We are sharing a PDF for English Grammar shorts Notes in Hindi English Grammar Tenses Notes PDF This pdf notes is useful for all competitive exams this is useful for All Competittive exams English Grammar Tenses: Rules, Types and Forms with Examples with Complete Guide ; Present Tense. Simple Present Tense; Present Continuous Tense …
We have been reading and practicing the use of tenses since the school going days. The Tenses are the most important part of English Language. If you wish to write a correct sentence or wish to say anything to anyone, you need to express the idea in the right form of Tenses. English language has three main time divisions- Past, Present and Future expressed by the tenses. Each tense is subdivided to express other aspects within its general time. Tenses form the backbone of the English language. The tense, which is most appropriate to express the idea, should be used, else the statement/question would express something opposite to what you wanted to state or write. Correct use of tense will imply the use of correct form of verb with proper auxiliary.
UPSC, SSC CGL, BANK, RAILWAYS, RRB NTPC, LIC AAO, and many other exams.
Tenses can be classified as the part which enables one to frame short/long sentences, write stories, essays etc. A little knowledge or incorrect knowledge of the tenses might land the student in trouble. About two decades ago, the teachers who taught tenses to their students, ensured that the respective students must get ability to have proper translation skills from their native language to English language e.g. from Hindi to English, From Tamil to English, From Urdu to English and so on.
Previous Year English Question :-
MyNotesAdda.com will update many more new pdfs and study materials and exam updates, keep Visiting and share our post, So more people will get this .
Simple Present Tense
- Choose the correct form of the present tense verb from the options given.
- All children learnsomething new every day.(learn/ learns/ learned)
- A good student always workhard.(work / works / worked)
- Engineers buildbridges. (build / builds / built)
- My sister is an architect.She designsskyscrapers. (design/ designs / designed)
- The Himalayas protectsIndia from the cold winds. (protect/ protects/ protected)
- It always drizzleshere in the afternoon. (drizzle / drizzles / drizzled)
- My mother worksin a factory. (work/ works/ worked)
- Kamali speaksEnglish very well, but she doesn’t understand Hindi. (speak/ speaks/ spoke)
- Cows giveus milk. (give/ gives/ gave)
- The trains to Chennai always runon time. (run / runs / ran)
Present Continuous Tense
- Makesentences in the present continuous tense using the verb given in brackets.
- Who is that boy standingon the table? (stand)
- What are you doing? (do) I am listening(listen) to music.
- My brother is working(work) in London now.
- I am waiting(wait) for my mother.
- It is better not to disturb her, she is working(work).
- What are they doing? Use the verbs below and write sentences.
eat cry play read sing watch
- Answer:Peter is watching
- Answer:Sudan is playing
- Answer:Velu is reading
- Answer:Anu is singing
- Answer:Kalai is crying
- Look at the picture again and answer the questions.
- Is Galen reading? Answer: No, Galen is eating
- Is Velu eating? Answer: No, Velu is reading
- Is Kalai dancing? Answer: No, Kalai is crying
- Is Peter watching TV? Answer: No, Peter is watching through a telescope
- Is Anu crying? Answer: No, Anu is singing
- Write the –ing form of the verbs.
- Come Answer:Coming
- Take Answer:Taking
- Fly Answer:Flying
- Swim Answer:Swimming
- Study Answer:Studying
- Read Answer:Reading
- Write negative sentences.
- He is learning to read.
Answer: No, He isn’t learning to read
- I am having a bath.
Answer: No, I am not having a bath
- I’m reading a fantastic book.
Answer: No, I’m not reading a fantastic book
- Raja is driving a new car.
Answer: No, Raja is not driving a new car
- I’m looking for my bag.
Answer: No, I’m not looking for my bag
- Write questions for the answers.
- Are they singing? No, they aren’t singing.
- Is she writing a new book? Yes, She is writing a new book.
- Is it working? Yes, It is working.
- Is he doing the project? No, he isn’t doing the project.
- Are you planning to go? Yes, We are palning to go.
- Fill in the blanks with verbs in the present continuous.
- You are listening(listen) to the music.
- He is crying(cry).
- I am swimming(swim) in the pool.
- Latha is waiting(wait) for her daughter.
- Isshe watching (watch) TV?
- Who ishe helping(help)?
- Her father is not cooking(not/cook) dinner.
- Akila is not singing(not/sing) a song.
- My brother is not doing(not/do) his homework.
- Isyour mother working (work) today?
- Amutha and Praba are playing(play) tennis.
- Amith and Ravi are not swimming(not/swim) in the lake.
- Make sentences in the present perfect tense using the verbs in brackets.
- She has never apologizedto anybody.
(never apologized, has never apologized, have never apologized)
- My mother has beento London.
(has been, being in, have been )
- I have readall the plays of Shakespeare.
(read, had read, have read)
- Have you finishedyour lunch?
(finish, finished, had finished)
- Hashe brought his bike?
(Had, Has, Have)
- Present perfect with “ever and never”
Have you ever…?
Question: Have you ever eaten a kiwi fruit?
Answer: Yes, I have eaten a kiwi fruit. Or No, I have never eaten a kiwi fruit.
- Present Perfect Continuous Tense
Make sentences in the present perfect continuous tense using the verbs in brackets.
- How long have you been waiting? (are you waiting, have you been waiting, have you waited)
- She has been workingin the garden since morning. (is working, has been working, work)
- I have been usingthis mobile for three years. (am using, has used, have been using)
- The children have been playingin the park. (has been playing, have been playing, had been playing)
- The workers have been demandinghigher wages for a long time. (has been demanding, have been demanding, demand)
Simple Past Tense
- Complete the story using the past tense of the verbs.
The Hare and the Tortoise
One day a and a decided to have a race. The knew (know) that the could (can) run faster than him. But the was (be) more intelligent than the . ‘Yes, I’ll race you,’ said (say) the . The had (have) a clever plan. He found (find) his brothers and sisters and he told (tell) them to wait in different places along the path of the race. So they all hide (hide) behind the trees along the path. The race began (begin)! The ran (run) as fast as possible. But the was (be) faster, of course. ‘This will be a very easy race’, thought (think) the . So the decided (decide) to rest, and he quickly fell (fall) asleep at the side of the road. Suddenly, the woke up (wake up) and he saw (see) a ahead of him! ‘How did he get ahead of me?’ the asked himself. In fact, it was (be) not his friend the : it was (be) the ‘s sister. But to a , all tortoises look the same. The ran (run) past the easily. Soon, he could not (cannot) see the , so he sat (sit) down to rest. Then the got up (get up) and continued the race. But as the turned (turn) around the last corner before the finish line, his friend the crossed the line and won (win) the race!
- Finish each clue by changing the verb within brackets to an irregular past-tense verb.
Then complete the crossword puzzle.
- The lake (freeze) frozeovernight.
- Hema (buy) boughta new bicycle.
- Aravind (give) gaveme a slice of pizza.
- We (drink) drankmilk.
- The dog (sleep) slepton the sofa.
- He (write) wrotea letter to his cousin in America.
- I (find) founda coin on the ground.
- Tony (teach) taughthis cat to use the litter box.
- Selvi (blow) blewout the candle.
Past Continuous Tense
- Make sentences in the past continuous tense using the verb in brackets.
- The children were waiting(wait) for the bus.
- The girls were learning(learn) their lessons.
- I was playing(play) in the rain all evening.
- Vijay was repairing(repair) his car.
- Hari was working(work) hard to pass the entrance examination.
Past Perfect Tense
- Complete the sentences usingthe past perfect tense.
- Kalai didn’t complete his homework because he had become tired.
- By the time Sundar got up his sister had gone to school.
- When we reached the park, my friends had left.
- Saralah didn’t want to see her as she had decided to avoid her.
- Manohar was laughing because he had liked the joke very much.
Past Perfect Continuous Tense
- Circle the correct verb form in each of the following sentences.
- Ezhil had been bakingbaked / had been bakinga cake when they came.
- Veeran had been cleaningcleaned / had been cleaningthe room since morning.
- We had been workingworked / had been workingin the city for ten years before we moved to the village.
- The cat had been waitinghad been waiting/was waitingfor the mice to come out of its hole.
- Kannan had been lookinghad been looking/ have beenlooking for a job for a long time.
Simple Future Tense
- Complete the sentences using the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
- We hope you will have(have) a great time in Ooty.
- I think Manju will visit(visit) her grandparents during the vacation.
- Be careful, that mirror will fall(fall) on the floor.
- As soon as my father arrives, we shall / will go(go) to watch the film.
- When your train arrives, I shall / will wait(wait) for you at the station.
Future Continuous Tense
- Make sentences in the future continuous tense using the verb in brackets.
- Ashwin will be completing(complete) M.B.A. in another two years.
- I will be going(go) to Thanjavur by this time tomorrow.
- Prabha will be receiving(receive) the best student award in six months’ time.
- The plane will be leaving(leave) at 3 o’clock.
- He will be attending(attend) the conference.
- What is Amala going to do? Given below is Amala’s schedule for next week. Read it and answer the questions using the future continuous tense.
- What will Amala do on Sunday morning?
Answer: Amala will be visiting her grandmother on Sunday morning.
- What is Amala planning to do on Saturday afternoon?
Answer: Amala will be preparing sweets on Saturday afternoon.
- Where is Amala going on Wednesday morning?
Answer: Amala will be going to the library to return the library books on Wednesday morning.
- Who is Amala meeting on Tuesday morning?
Answer: On Tuesday morning, Amala will be meeting her friends.
- What will she buy on Monday afternoon?
Answer: Amala will be buying groceries for the week on Monday afternoon.
Click Here to Download this PDF :- English Grammar Tenses PDF
This PDF is not related to MyNotesAdda and if you have any objection over this pdf , you can mail us at email@example.com