English grammar rules
Today, we are sharing a FREE PDF of English grammar rules. This is very useful for the upcoming competitive exams like SSC CGL, BANK, RAILWAYS, RRB NTPC, LIC AAO, and many other exams. English grammar rules are very important for any competitive exam and this English grammar rules is very useful for it. this FREE PDF will be very helpful for your examination.
MyNotesAdda.com is an online Educational Platform, where you can download free PDF for UPSC, SSC CGL, BANK, RAILWAYS, RRB NTPC, LIC AAO, and many other exams.
Our English grammar rules is very Simple and Easy to learn. We also Cover Basic Topics like Maths, Geography, History, Polity, etc. and study materials including previous Year Question Papers, Current Affairs, Important Formulas, etc for upcoming Banking, UPSC, SSC CGL Exams. Our PDF will help you to upgrade your marks in any competitive exam.
MyNotesAdda.com will update many more new pdfs and study materials and exam updates, keep Visiting and share our post, So more people will get this.
- English Grammar Handwritten Notes In Hindi For Competitive Exams -FREE PDF Download
- English GrammarTenses PDF
- 500+ Important English Synonyms
- Objective English Best Notes For all Comparative Exams
- Synonyms pdf books
|Article Name||100+ Golden Rules Of English Grammar PDF Download|
|Exams Covered||SSC, Banking and Other Exams|
A. SUBJECT-VERB AGREEMENT
1 . Two or more Singular Subjects connected by and usually take a Verb in the Plural.
Incorrect- Hari and Ram is here.
Correct- Hari and Ram are here.
2. If two Singular Nouns refer to the same person or thing, the Verb must be Singular.
Incorrect- The Secretary and Principal are coming.
Correct- The Secretary and Principal is coming.
(Here the same person is .Secretary as well as Principal)
3. If the Singular Subjects are preceded by each or every, the Verb is usually Singular.
Incorrect- Every boy and girl were ready.
Correct- Every boy and girl was ready.
4. Two or more Singular Subjects connected by or, nor, either ….. or, neither …. nor take a Verb in the Singular.
Incorrect- Neither he nor I were there.
Correct- Neither he nor I was there.
5. When the Subjects joined by ‘or/nor are of different numbers, the Verb must be Plural, and the Plural Subject must be placed next to the Verb.
lncorrect- Neither the Assistant Masters nor the Headmaster was present.
Correct- Neither the Headmaster nor the Assistant Masters were
6. When the Subjects joined by or, nor are of different persons, the Verb agrees in person with the one nearest to it.
Incorrect- Either he or I is mistaken.
Correct- Either he or I, am mistaken.
7. A Collective Noun takes a Singular Verb when the collection is thought of as a whole, a Plural Verb when the individuals of which it is composed are thought of.
Correct- The Council has chosen the President.
Correct- The military were called out.
8. Some Nouns which are singular in form but plural in meaning, take a Plural Verb.
Incorrect- Mathematics are a branch of study in every school.
Correct- Mathematics is a branch of study in every school.
9. Words joined to a Singular Subject by with, together with, in addition to, or, as well as, etc. are parenthetical, and therefore do not affect the number of the Verb.
Incorrect- The Chief, with all his men, were massacred .• Correct-The chief, with all his men, was massacred.
10. When the Subject of the Verb is a Relative Pronoun care should be taken to see that the Verb agrees in Number and Person with the Antecedent of the relative.
Incorrect- I, who is your friend, . will guard you,r interests.
Correct- I, who am your friend will guard your interests.
Click Here to Download this PDF :- English grammar rules
DOWNLOAD MORE PDF
|Maths Notes||CLICK HERE|
|English Notes||CLICK HERE|
|Reasoning Notes||CLICK HERE|
|Indian Polity Notes||CLICK HERE|
|General Knowledge||CLICK HERE|
|General Science Notes
This PDF is not related to MyNotesAdda and if you have any objection over this pdf , you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Support us By Joining the Below Groups And Like Our Pages We Will be very thankful to you.
Facebook Group :- https://www.facebook.com/mynotesadda
Tags :-1000 english grammar rules pdf,english grammar rules pdf for competitive exams,adda247 english grammar rules pdf,english grammar rules pdf in hindi,spoken english grammar rules pdf,english grammar rules pdf gradeup,400 golden rules of english grammar pdf,all grammar rules in english