While there is no definitive “Black Book Of English Vocabulary PDF 2023” of English vocabulary importance, it is widely recognized that having a strong command of English vocabulary is essential for effective communication, both in written and spoken forms. A rich and varied vocabulary allows individuals to express themselves more precisely, to better understand what they read and hear, and to engage with a wider range of topics and ideas. Building vocabulary is a lifelong process, and there are many resources and techniques available to help individuals improve their knowledge of English words and phrases.
As I mentioned earlier, there is no definitive “Black Book of English Vocabulary PDF Download” of English vocabulary, but there are many resources available to help individuals improve their knowledge of English words and phrases. Some ways in which such resources might be used include:
- Reading widely: Exposure to a variety of written materials, from books and magazines to newspapers and websites, can help individuals encounter new words in context and reinforce their meaning and usage.
- Using vocabulary-building exercises: These might include flashcards, word games, and other activities designed to reinforce the meaning and usage of specific words.
- Practicing active usage: Using new words in writing and conversation can help individuals internalize their meaning and usage more deeply.
- Engaging with word roots and affixes: Understanding the building blocks of words can help individuals more easily decipher the meanings of unfamiliar words they encounter.
- Seeking out resources: There are many resources available to help individuals build their English vocabulary, from online dictionaries and thesauruses to specialized vocabulary books and courses.
English Grammar More PDF Download
- English Grammar Notes Free PDF Download
- English Grammar handwritten notes pdf for IBPS PO prelims
- SSC CGL English Grammar handwritten notes pdf 2023
- English Grammar Notes PDF For Competitive Exams
- English Grammar Notes PDF Free Download
- Error detection – English Grammar
- Basic English grammar All Tenses in Hindi PDF Free Download
- Basic English Grammar Book PDF Download
- English Grammar Complete Book With Tricks And Solutions
- Best English Grammar book Pdf download
- SSC English Grammar Book pdf Free Download
- English Grammar tense Short Notes pdf In Hindi
- English Grammar tense Notes pdf In Hindi
- English Grammar And Spoken Book PDF Download
- English Grammar Book PDF For All Competitive Exams
- English Grammar PDF For Competitive Exam
English Grammar Question and Answer
Questions On Noun
A noun is a word used to identify the name of a person, place, animal or thing.
Example: Adele is an award-winning artist.
Here, the noun is Adele, which is the name of a person.
Identify the noun in the following sentences:
1. I live in Amsterdam.
2. I visited the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
3. Eiffel Tower and Paris
4. Eiffel Tower
Answer: Eiffel Tower and Paris
3. Bhutan is a beautiful country.
4. Summer is very hot.
5. The moon looks so beautiful.
6. The doctor is an expert in his field.
7. The mailman Mr. Joe was carrying postcards.
4. Mailman, Mr. Joe and postcards
Answer: Mailman, Mr. Joe and postcards
8. Are these mangoes tasty?
9. Hello Sophie! Will you play football with us as the climate is beautiful and the team is one player short?
2. Sophie, football, climate, team, player
Answer: Sophie, football, climate, team, player
10. Mike’s birthday party at the Sheraton was a success.
3. Mike, party, Sheraton
Answer: Mike, party, Sheraton
Questions On Pronoun
A pronoun is a word used in the place of a noun in any sentence. These are used to avoid the repetitive usage of a noun in a sentence.
Example: Roger runs very fast. And Roger has won several competitions.
Roger runs very fast. And he has won several competitions.
Identify the pronoun in the following sentences:
11. They were having dinner.
12. I want to sleep.
13. Is that my laptop?
14. Everyone is sleeping in the dorm room.
15. We were playing scrabble.
16. Look at Ellen, she is a beautiful artist.
17. He is good at cricket.
18. This house is mine.
19. Would you like to have coffee?
20. Did you hear that?
Questions On Verb
The verb describes an action, occurrence or happening of an act.
Example: Adam is singing.
Here, singing is the verb, which denotes an act of doing something.
Identify the verb in the following sentences:
21. The monkey sat by the door.
22. Jack left in a hurry.
23. Michelle hurt her elbow while playing.
4. Hurt, playing
Answer: Hurt, playing
24. Please open the door.
25. She bought a new car and started taking her driving lessons.
4. Bought, started, taking
Answer: Bought, started, taking
26. Joe accepted the job offer.
27. Kelly enjoys hip-hop music.
28. We went to the grocery store and bought so many items that carrying them home became difficult.
4. All three
Answer: All three
29. The accountant is calculating the expenditure for the month of February.
30. Johnson earns a lot of money but he spends it too.
3. Earns and spends
Questions On Adverb
An adverb is a word that revises a verb, adjective, clause, phrase, preposition, or a sentence.
Example: She is usually late to the class.
Here, the adverb is usually, which is modifying the verb in the sentence.
Identify the Adverb in the following sentences:
31. Marcus always arrives early.
32. Their pets go everywhere together.
33. The little kid ran excitedly.
34. They ran quickly to catch the bus.
35. The students had worked very hard.
36. The musical concert ended abruptly.
37. Brisk walking is a healthy exercise.
38. The show is starting now.
39. The dog looked at his owner curiously.
40. The soccer team almost quit.
Questions On Adjective
Adjectives are words used to modify a noun or phrase in a sentence.
Example: The mountaintops are covered in sparkling snow.
Here, sparkling modifies the meaning of the word snow.
Identify the adjective in the following sentences:
41. Ria lives in a beautiful house.
42. This store has a nice collection of shoes.
43. Linda McKenzie has five children.
44. There were 80 chairs in the auditorium.
45. A colorful butterfly was sitting in the garden.
46. Only a few mangoes are remaining in the basket.
2. A few
Answer: A few
47. This hot and humid weather is exhausting.
3. Hot and humid
Answer: Hot and humid
48. Sophie is a part-time worker at the salon.
49. Meera lost her brown bag.
50. Paul tries to help homeless people.
Questions On Simple Tenses
Tenses are mainly of three types: Present, past, and future.
The present tense expresses an action which is happening.
Example: She is writing.
The past tense is used to express an action which has occurred or happened already.
Example: She wrote.
The future tense is used to describe an action which will occur or happen in the future.
Example: She will write.
Identify present, past or future tense from the following sentences:
51. He plays basketball every day.
52. Meera will go to a concert.
53. It rained heavily.
54. The baby is crying.
55. Dogs were barking a lot.
56. The car was parked in the wrong lane.
57. Kenny will visit her ailing grandfather after returning from work.
Fill In The Blanks.
58. The students are __________ their notes.
59. The doctor _____ out for ten minutes.
60. The new restaurant ______ last week.
Questions On Punctuation
Punctuation marks such as commas, exclamation marks, question marks, semicolon, etc., are used in a sentence to clarify the meaning of the phrase or sentence.
61. Identify the correct sentence.
1. My ATM pin number has three 8s.
2. My ATM pin number has three 8’s
3. My ATM pin number has three 8s’
4. My ATM pin number has three 8s
62. Identify the correct sentence.
1. The weather is wet, and windy and unpredictable.
2. The weather is wet, windy and unpredictable.
3. The weather is wet, windy, unpredictable.
4. The weather is wet windy, unpredictable.
63. Identify the correct sentence.
1. Waiting for the storm to stop, I was anxiously looking out of the window.
2. Waiting, for the storm to stop; I was anxiously looking out of the window.
3. Waiting for the storm to stop I was anxiously looking out of the window
4. Waiting for the storm to stop I was anxiously looking out of the window.
64. Identify the correct sentence.
1. The table was set-knives forks candlesticks were all in their place.
2. The table was set knives, forks candlesticks were all in their place.
3. The table was set-knives, forks, candlesticks, were all in their place.
4. The table was set – knives, forks, candlesticks — were all in their place.
65. Identify the correct sentence.
1. What is the name of your father’s uncle
2. What is the name of your father’s uncle?
3. What is the name of your fathers uncle?
4. What is the name of your, fathers’ uncle
66. Identify the correct sentence.
1. Dont worry, every little thing is going to be alright.
2. Don’t worry every little thing is going to be alright
3. Don’t worry. Every little thing is going to be alright.
4. Dont worry, every little thing is gonna be alright
67. Correct the statement with a suitable punctuation mark.
When will you return from your dance rehearsal
1. Question mark (?)
2. Exclamation mark (!)
3. Fullstop (.)
4. Comma (,)
68. Correct the statement with a suitable punctuation mark.
Rosana is a self taught baker.
1. Hyphen (-)
2. Question mark (?)
3. Comma (,)
4. Semi colon (;)
69. Correct the statement with a suitable punctuation mark.
Jim lives in America his sister lives in Budapest.
1. Hyphen (-)
2. Question mark (?)
3. Comma (,)
4. Semicolon (;)
70. Correct the statement with a suitable punctuation mark.
I found Hensleys bag on the table.
1. Hyphen (-)
2. Question mark (?)
3. Apostrophe (‘)
4. Semicolon (;)
Questions On Preposition
A preposition is a word used to connect nouns, pronouns, or phrases to the other words in the sentence.
Example: The cat is resting on the table.
Here, on is the preposition.
Identify the preposition in the following sentences:
71. I will see you on Saturday.
72. The class will start at 9:30am.
73. There is a bee in the room.
74. She comes from Australia.
75. The dog sat by the poolside.
76. What are you looking at?
77. The kids are sitting around the block.
78. Can he be relied upon?
79. Sherry threw the ball over the kitchen counter.
80. This letter was written by Sarah.
Questions On Vocabulary
Identify the synonym from the options given below:
4. Lie down
Identify the antonym from the options given below:
More Related PDF
|Maths Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download||English Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download|
|GK/GS/GA Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download||Reasoning Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download|
|Indian Polity Free PDF > Click Here To Download||History Free PDF > Click Here To Download|
|Computer Topicwise Short Tricks > Click Here To Download||EnvironmentTopicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download|
|Hindi Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download||Science Notes Download > Click Here To Download|
Topic Related Pdf Download:-
mynotesadda.com will update many more new pdf and study materials and exam updates, keep Visiting and sharing our post, So more people will get this. This PDF is not related to mynotesadda.com and if you have any objection over this pdf, you can mail us at email@example.com
Here you can also check and follow our Facebook Page (mynotesadda ) and our Facebook Group. Please share, comment, and like Our post on Facebook! Thanks to Visit our Website and keep Follow our Site to know our New Updates which is Useful for Your future Competitive Exams.
Please Support By Joining Below Groups And Like Our Pages We Will be very thankful to you.
- Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/mynotesadda