English Book for SSC, CGL, CPO & Other Competitive Exams
English Book for SSC, CGL, CPO & Other Competitive Exams
Today we are sharing an importantnotes pdf English Book for SSC, CGL, CPO & Other Competitive Exams – SSC NOTES like SSC CGL, BANK, RAILWAYS, RRB NTPC, LIC AAO, and many other examsArihant English Book PDF 2022 Latest Grammar Composition is very important for any competitive exam and this English Book for SSC, CGL, CPO & Other Competitive Exams for SSC, BANK, AND RAILWAYS is very useful for it. this FREE PDF will be very helpful for your examination.
MyNotesAdda.com is an online Educational Platform, where you can download free PDF for UPSC, SSC CGL, BANK, RAILWAYS, RRB NTPC, LIC AAO, and many other exams. English Book for SSC, CGL, CPO & Other Competitive Exams
English Book for SSC, CGL, CPO & Other Competitive Exams for SSC, BANK, AND RAILWAYS is very Simple and Easy. We also Cover Basic Topics like math, Geography, History, Polity, etc, and study materials including previous Year Question Papers, Current Affairs, Important Formulas, etc for upcoming Banking, UPSC, SSC CGL Exams. Our PDF will help you to upgrade your marks in any competitive exam.
Topics related posts
English Notes PDF
- English Grammar And Spoken Book PDF Download
- English Grammar Book PDF For All Competitive Exams
- One Word Substitution In Hindi PDF (1500 Words PDF For SSC
- vocabulary meaning in Hindi
- English Grammar PDF For Competitive Exam
- English Spoken Book PDF: Download Complete Book with
- A Mirror Of Common Errors PDF | English PDF
|Maths Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download||English Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download|
|GK/GS/GA Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download||Reasoning Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download|
|Indian Polity Free PDF > Click Here To Download||History Free PDF > Click Here To Download|
|Computer Topicwise Short Tricks > Click Here To Download||EnvironmentTopicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download|
|Hindi Topicwise Free PDF > Click Here To Download||Science Notes Download > Click Here To Download|
|English Language||Types of questions will be related to the usage of English Language. Topics are Spot the Error, fill in the Blanks, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage|
|Vocabulary||Questions will be from topics like Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting misspelled words, Idioms & Phrases, and One-word substitution|
|Grammar||Questions will be on Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration|
|Reading Comprehension||There will be a Comprehension Passage based on which 3 to 5 questions will be asked. This is a very simple and scoring section|
SSC CHSL Tier-1 English Language Question Paper with Answer held on 12th April 2021
Q1. Select the most appropriate synonym of the given word.
Answer: d) Preference
Q2. Select the most appropriate one-word substitution for the given group of words.
A large bundle bound for storage or transportation
Answer: c) Bale
Q3. Select the INCORRECTLY spelled word.
Answer: a) Definitely
Q4. Fill in the blank with the most appropriate option.
She was greatly ______ by the nightmare she had.
Answer: b) Perturbed – feeling or showing great concern or mental or emotional upset
Q5. Select the indirect form of the given sentence.
“I like having South Indian breakfast,’ said Arun to the receptionist.
- Arun tells the receptionist that he has liked South Indian breakfast.
- Arun is telling the receptionist that he likes South Indian breakfast.
- Arun told the receptionist that he like South Indian breakfast.
- Arun told the receptionist that he liked having South Indian breakfast.
Q6. In the given sentence, identify the segment which contains the grammatical error.
Airlines have increased fares because according to the new rules only limiting passengers are allowed.
- the new rules only limiting
- because according to
- Airlines have increased fares
- passengers are allowed
Answer: a) Correct part would be “only limited”
Q7. Select the most appropriate ANTONYM of the given word:
Answer: b) Affirm
Q8. Examine the four jumbled sentences. Out of the given options, pick the one that gives their correct order.
- We found both to be very quiet and subdued
- Later when we became good friends, they told us about their tragic loss.
- The Mehras were newcomers to the neighbourhood.
- My wife and I called on them to ask If they needed any help.
Answer: a) CDAB
Q9. Select the most appropriate meaning of the underlined idiom in the given sentence.
She may be the Principal but it is the school administrator who rules the roost.
- is proved right
- is in complete control
- is totally submissive
- is dependent upon her
Answer: b) is in complete control
Q10. Select the most appropriate option to substitute the underlined segment in the given sentence. If there is no need to substitute it, select ‘No substitution’.
My hands were eager for tore up that awful letter.
- for tearing upon
- of tearing up
- No substitution
- to tear up
Answer: d) to tear up
Q11. Select the misspelt word.
Answer: c) annex
Select the option that will improve the underlined segment in the given sentence. In case no improvement is needed, select ‘No improvement’
Q12. Make a list of most the things you would like to do once this Iockdown Is over.
- No improvement
Answer: d) all
Q13. Select the most appropriate ANTONYM of the given won
Answer: c) decrease
Q14. Select the most appropriate synonym of the given word.
Answer: a) Accuracy
Q15. Identify the segment in the given sentence which contains the grammatical error.
Einstein’s school teachers thought he would never success in life.
- in life
- thought he would
- never success
- Einstein’s school teachers
Answer: c) “never success” is incorrect
Q16. Select the most appropriate meaning of the given idiom.
To put one’s foot in one’s mouth
- To deliberately provoke someone
- To gather all of one’s resources
- To be disorderly and stupid
- To accordingly embarrass or upset someone
Answer: d) Say something foolish, embarrassing, or tactless
Q17. Select the correct passive form of the given sentence.
The disaster management team rescued the flood victims.
- The flood victims are being rescued by the disaster management team
- The flood victims have been rescued by the disaster management team.
- The flood victims were rescued by the disaster management team
- The flood victims are rescued by the disaster management team
Answer: c) The flood victims were rescued by the disaster management team
Q18. Select the option which means the same as the group of words given.
Doctor who deals with bone problems
Answer: c) Orthopaedist
19. Select the most appropriate option to fill in the blank.
Shekhar Gupta is one of the ______ journalists of India.
Answer: c) Eminent
20. Given below are four sentences in jumbled order. Pick the option that gives their correct order.
- Her face had the most extraordinary expression of horror and amusement.
- My mother looked up in time to see me fail.
- But I missed and went sprawling across the kitchen floor
- My hand reached out to grab the handle of the door that led into the kitchen.
Answer: b) DCBA
In the following passage, some words have been deleted. Fill in the blanks with the help of the alternatives given. Select the most appropriate option for each number
The doctor left some medicines with the instructions for giving them. One was to (1)___ down the fever and another to overcome an acid condition. “The germs (2) _____ influenza can exist only in acid condition,” he explained. He said there was (3)_______ to worry if the fever did not go up above 103 degrees. This was an (4) ______ of flu and there was no danger if pneumonia could be (5) ______.
21. Select the most appropriate option to fill in the blank no. 1.
Answer: a) Bring
22. Select the most appropriate option to fill in the blank no. 2.
Answer: d) of
23. Select the most appropriate option to fill in the blank no. 3.
Answer: a) Nothing
24. Select the most appropriate option to fill in the blank no. 4.
Answer: c) Epidemic
25. Select the most appropriate option to fill in the blank no. 5.
Answer: a) Prevented
mynotesadda.com will update many more new pdf and study materials and exam updates, keep Visiting and sharing our post, So more people will get this. This PDF is not related to mynotesadda.com and if you have any objection over this pdf, you can mail us at email@example.com
Here you can also check and follow our Facebook Page (mynotesadda ) and our Facebook Group. Please share, comment, and like Our post on Facebook! Thanks to Visit our Website and keep Follow our Site to know our New Updates which is Useful for Your future Competitive Exams.
Please Support By Joining Below Groups And Like Our Pages We Will be very thankful to you.
- Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/mynotesadda
tags:- english book for ssc cgl by neetu singh pdf,english book for ssc cgl pdf,ssc english book mb publication pdf,ssc cgl english book kiran publication,best english book for ssc cgl,ssc cgl english book by neetu singh,ssc english book arihant,english book for ssc chsl
Comments are closed.