RBI Grade B Exam Syllabus 2020
RBI Grade B Exam Syllabus 2020
Welcome to mynotesadda.com,Here you will get detailed syllabus and useful information about The RESERVE BANK OF INDIA-(RBI) GRADE B EXAMINATION.
RBI Grade B exam is conducted in the Reserve Bank of India for recruitment of Grade B officers.Aspirants can find the full information on the RBI Grade B Exam 2020 and the application and recruitment process in this article.
Candidates who appear for bank exams must remember that the RBI Grade B officer is one of the most sought-after positions in the banking industry.
Latest Update: RBI further postponed the 2019 recruitment interviews for RBI Grade B DSIM and DEPR positions.On 22 July 2020, the conductive body issued updated interview dates and the interview scheduled for August was tentatively rescheduled for September 2020.
The interviews will now (temporarily) be held between September 9th and September 24th, 2020.
Candidates should search in the PDF below for the updated RBI Grade B Interview Dates (released on July 22, 2020):
Temporarily the RBI Grade B 2020 exam is scheduled for September 2020 but the official dates will be announced once the notification is issued.
Candidates should search on the linked article for the latest updates concerning other government exams.
Table of Contents:
- RBI Grade B Notification
- RBI Grade B Exam Dates
- RBI Grade B Exam-Online Application
- RBI Grade B Officer Salary
- RBI Grade B-Eligibility Criteria
- RBI Grade B Exam Pattern
- RBI Grade B Preparation
The Indian Reserve Bank is the country’s central bank and conducts regular exams for recruitment to various RBI posts.The RBI Grade B test for hiring officers is administered by RBI.
Please visit the linked article to learn more about the other government exams conducted.
RBI Grade B Officer test is a very common examination for those pursuing a career in the finance sector, with the RBI Grade B Officer Recruitment notification being highly awaited by most aspirants to bank jobs in India.This article will cover all of the important RBI Grade-B Exam information.
For more information regarding the RBI Grade B Officer exam for any other RBI exam, candidates can visit the linked article.
For candidates references the table below provides details about the RBI Grade B exam 2020:
|RBI Exam 2020|
|Conducting Body||Reserve Bank of India|
|Post||RBI Grade B Officer|
|RBI Grade B Official Notification 2020||September 2020 (Tentative)|
|Frequency of Exam||Annually|
|Number of vacancies (2020)||Yet To Be Released|
|Job Location||Anywhere in India|
Successful applicants in the following offices are inducted into the Bank as officers:
Grade B (General) officers;
Grade B officers (Economics and Policy Research department)
Grade B officers (Statistics and Information Management Department);
The official RBI Grade B 2020 exam notification is expected to come out in September 2020.The number of vacancies scheduled to be issued by the conductive body for the recruitment in 2020 has yet to be revealed.Candidates are advised to continue checking on the same page for updated information.
RBI Grade B Notification
The official notification of the RBI Grade B Officer 2020 exam is expected to be issued by September 2020 according to the latest reports from RBI.Candidates will go through the details given for the 2019 RBI Grade B Exam by that time.
The RBI Grade B online recruitment test for 2019 was conducted, and the final result is still awaited.The primary dates for the 2019 RBI Grade B exam are set out below:
|RBI Grade B Officer Exam Dates|
|RBI Exam Details||Important Dates|
|Official Notification||September 20, 2019|
|Online Registration||September 21, 2019 to October 11, 2019|
|RBI Grade B Phase-I Exam||November 9, 2019|
|RBI Grade B Phase-II Exam||December 1, 2019 (General)December 2, 2019 (DERP & DSIM)|
|Interview||September 9, 2020 – September 24, 2020|
Candidates willing to appear for the RBI Grade B exam must note the dates and apply accordingly.
A total of 199 Grade B Officer vacancies have been announced for 2019 recruitment, and the number of recruitment vacancies for 2020 will be reported once the official notification is issued.
The details of the year-wise RBI Grade B vacancy are given below:
|RBI Grade B Officer Vacancy|
|RBI Exam||Number of Vacancies|
|RBI Grade B 2020||Yet To Be Released|
|RBI Grade B 2019||199|
|RBI Grade B 2018||166|
|RBI Grade B 2017||161|
The above data clearly indicates that the number of vacancies released over the last 3 years has increased.Nevertheless, there has also been an rise in the number of candidates applying for the RBI Grade B exam and the level of difficulty of the exams.
RBI Grade B Exam – Online Application
Candidates applying for the RBI Grade B Exam 2020 may apply for the examination by following a set of measures:
- Aspirants to apply online can visit Reserve Bank of India’s official website (https:/www.rbi.org.in/).
- Candidates must enter their basic credentials and other information requested in the form and upload the documents as appropriate.
- Candidates will submit a collection of documents, including a photograph, signature, handwritten statement and thumb impression.
- Before making the final submission, candidates must check the information carefully, because no modifications can be made to the form until the payment is correct.
- Not accepting the form before the electronic payment is complete.
- The application fee for this exam is Rs. 800 for candidates from Gen / OBC, and Rs. 400 for candidates from SC / ST / PwBD.
- Candidates must also remember that RBI holds the right to reject the application at any time during the recruitment process if any inconsistency is found in the application form.
RBI Grade B Officer Salary
The officer of RBI Grade-B commands a beautiful salary and enjoys several other benefits.
Grade B officers will also be liable for Dearness Allowance, Local Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Family Allowance and Grade Allowance, in compliance with the regulations that apply from time to time.Notification will be issued of any changes in the RBI Grade B Officer salary 2020.
|RBI Grade B Officer Salary|
|Basic Pay||Rs. 35,150/- p.m.|
|Gross Emoluments||Rs. 75,831/-(approx.)|
RBI Grade B Exam Dates
The final RBI Grade B 2020 exam notification is anticipated to be out in September 2020.Candidates are advised to continue checking on the same page for updated information.
The table below provides information on Exam 2020 for RBI Grade B officers:
RBI Grade B Officer 2020
Tentative Exam Dates
RBI Grade B 2020 Notification Release Date
RBI Grade B exam date – Phase 1
RBI Grade B exam date – Phase II
RBI Grade B 2020 Interview
RBI Grade B – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates studying for the RBI Grade B examination have to meet certain eligibility requirements to qualify for the test.
The criteria for eligibility were described in brief below:
- Applicant must be an Indian resident, belonging to Nepal or Bhutan, or a permanently living Tibetan refugee in India.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years old and must not be older than 30 years old.However for members belonging to other groups there are also age relaxations.
- For applicants applying for specializations in General, DERP, and DSIM, the educational qualification varies.
|RBI Grade B Eligibility Criteria|
|RBI Grade B Officer (General)||A minimum of 60% marks in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th and 10th Standard examinations|
|RBI Grade B Officer (Department of Economic and Policy Research)||A Master’s Degree in Economics or Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks from arecognised Indian or Foreign University|
|RBI Grade B (Department of Statistics and Information Management)||A Master’s Degree in Statistics or Mathematical Statistics/ Mathematical with a minimum of 55% marks|
The number of attempts for candidates belonging to the General category is restricted to six.There are no such limitations for candidates that belong to other groups.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern
The first step of a fruitful preparation for this exam is familiarizing yourself with its format.
Recruitment of RBI Grade B officers occurs in two phases, followed by the interview.Let’s look at the initial three stages of the RBI Grade B officer exam pattern:
- Phase I examination
- Phase II examination
RBI Grade B is one of India’s most difficult exams, particularly in the banking sector.Aspirants can also test IAS Exam data, which overlap somewhat with RBI Grade B pattern and syllabus.
The table below illustrates the step review pattern-I for the RBI Grade B officer test:
|RBI Grade B Officer Exam Pattern for Phase – I|
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Awareness||80||80||A composite time of 120 minutes is provided to the candidate.|
Aspirants must read the newspaper on a regular basis to keep up-to – date with relevant information and activities happening around the world and to improve their success in the segment on General Awareness.
Candidates can test the RBI Grade B cut off from the previous year on the linked article and review and analyze the projected cut-off for recruitment in 2020.
Even the Static GK portion must be adequately prepared for better preparation of the General Awareness segment of RBI Grade B exam candidates.
The table below shows the phase II examination pattern for the RBI Grade B officer examination:
|RBI Grade B Officer Exam Pattern for Phase – II|
|Name of the Paper||Type of the Paper||Duration (in minutes)||Marks|
|Paper I Economic & Social Issues||Objective Type||90||100|
|Paper-II English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive (to be typed with the help of keyboard)||90||100|
|Paper III Finance & Management||Objective Type||90||100|
RBI Grade B Vacancy
Reserve Bank of India has announced a total of 199 vacancies to recruit Grade B officers within their organization for the 2019 recruitment.The RBI Grade B test is a regular examination and it is a golden opportunity for aspirants to enter the banking sector with our country’s central bank.
The RBI Grade B Notification 2020 states the number of vacancies released for recruitment in 2020.
Candidates should search the details of previous year’s RBI vacancy at the linked article until then.
RBI Grade B Admit Card
The Admit card for Grade B Officer post is issued separately for every phase of the exam.
Candidates will download their RBI Grade B Admit card 10 to 15 days before exam date.
In addition to a Photo Identity Proof, it is compulsory for each applicant to carry the Grade B Officer admit card to the exam location.
Candidates will need to bear in mind that they will bring their Identity Proof original and photocopy to the centre.
RBI Grade B 2020 Syllabus
RBI Grade B 2020 Syllabus is based on the graduation curriculum. Candidates can check the important topics in the tables below from each subject included in Phase I and II.
RBI Grade B Syllabus for Prelims
Banking & Financial Awareness
Time and Work
Average, Ratio, Percentages
Directions and Distance
Speed, Distance and Time
Mixture and Allegations
Financial & Economics News
Permutation and Combination
Fill in the Blanks
Government Schemes, Agreement & Deals
Banking terms, rates, processes
RBI Grade B Syllabus for Main Exam
Paper-I: Economic and Social Issues
- Growth and Development, Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income
- Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India
- Sustainable Development and Environmental issues.
- Economic Reforms in India, Industrial and Labour Policy, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Privatization, Role of Economic Planning.
- Globalization, Opening up of the Indian Economy, Balance of Payments, Export-Import Policy
- International Economic Institutions, IMF and World Bank, WTO, Regional Economic Co-operation.
- Social Structure in India, Multiculturalism, Demographic Trends, Urbanization and Migration, Gender Issues
- Social Justice : Positive Discrimination in favor of the under privileged, Social Movements
- Indian Political System, Human Development, Social Sectors in India, Health and Education.
Paper-II: English (Writing Skills)
The English paper will be designed to test the writing skills of candidates including expression and understanding of the topic.
Paper-III -Finance and Management:
- (a) Financial System: Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions, Reserve Bank of India- functions and conduct of monetary policy, Banking System in India, Financial Institutions – SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB, etc.
- (b) Financial Markets: Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.)- functions, instruments, recent developments.
(c) General Topics
- Risk Management in Banking Sector
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures and Swap
- Changing Landscape of Banking sector
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector, Portfolio Investment, Public Sector Reforms, Disinvestments
- Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
- Corporate Governance in Banking Sector, role of e-governance in addressing the issues of corruption and inefficiency in the government sector.
- The Union Budget – Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Thirteenth Finance Commission and GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM),
- Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI – components and trends.
- Nature and scope; The Role of a Manager in an Organisation.
- The Management Processes- Planning, Organisation, Staffing, Directing and Controlling;
- Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader; Leadership Styles; Leadership Theories; A successful Leader versus an effective Leader.
- Human Resource Development: Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD; Performance Appraisal, Potential appraisal and development, Feedback and Performance Counselling
- Career Planning – Training and Development, Rewards, Employee Welfare.
- Motivation, Morale and Incentives: Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale.
- Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology.
- Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechanisms of Corporate Governance.
THANK YOU FOR BEING WITH MYNOTESADDA.COM
- General Knowledge mcq
- Most Important 250 भूगोल प्रश्नोतरी
- List of Lakes in India PDF
- Indian Geography Notes in hindi
- Asia Geography (एशिया हस्तलिखित नोटस)In Hindi Free Pdf Download
- World Geography (विश्व का भूगोल) Complete Notes- पीडीएफ डाउनलोड करें
- Geography Questions and Answers for Competitive Exams
- Important One Liner (रेलवे)
- GS Pointer – राजव्यवस्था अतिरिक्तिकांक